5. Go to court to enforce orders not dealing with support

If your partner isn’t following the court orders dealing with things other than support, for example, , , or , you can go to court to change your final by bringing a motion to change. Decision-making responsibility and parenting time used to be called and .

Or, you can go to court and ask for a contempt order by bringing a with and extra time for your partner to respond.

A contempt order means asking the judge to decide that your partner knew about the order and did not follow it on purpose. This is not used often because these orders are hard to get.

Going to court can be a complicated process and it can take a lot of time. It can be stressful and expensive, but it is sometimes necessary to decide your issues. This family law court process flowchart explains each step in a family law court case.

You need to fill out:

You need to call the court or go to the courthouse to ask the for a date when the judge will hear your motion. You write this date on your Form 31: Notice of Contempt.

You have to give your partner a copy of your documents by special service. This means you can’t give your partner your documents directly. There is a guide on how to serve documents. You can ask a family member or friend who is at least 18 years old or a professional to do it for you.

Hide this website