4. Go to court to enforce your support order

If your partner isn’t following the and you don’t want the (FRO) to help you enforce it, you can go to court.

Some people decide not to use the FRO to enforce support for them. They decide to go to court themselves to enforce their court order.

You can ask the court directly for things like:

  • taking money from your partner’s wages (garnishing)
  • taking money from your partner’s bank account
  • taking money from your partner’s RRSP
  • putting a charge on your partner’s house, other real estate, or other personal property
  • bringing your partner’s employer to court for disobeying or ignoring a notice of garnishment
  • a

These are all things the FRO can do for you at no cost to you.

If you decide to do it yourself, you need to make a court application and explain to a judge why you should get the help you want. The forms you fill out depend on the type of help you want.

For example, if you want to take money from your partner’s wages, you need to fill out a notice of garnishment form.

Hide this website