5. Think about other options

You might be able to sue the seller in court in some situations, for example if:

  • the seller used unfair practices
  • the goods or services were not of acceptable quality
  • the goods or services were not as described
  • you cancelled the agreement but the seller won’t refund your money

A court could cancel the agreement and order the seller to refund some or all your money.

If the amount you are claiming is not more than $35,000, you can sue in Small Claims Court.

You must sue within 2 years after you first knew about, or should have known about, the problem.

You might want to get legal advice before deciding to sue, or to find out if you have other options.

Hide this website