2. Ask for an examination hearing

If you sent a demand letter and the still hasn’t paid, you can ask the Small Claims Court to hold an examination hearing. At the examination hearing, the debtor must explain their financial situation. With this information, you can decide which is the best way to collect the money you’re owed.

After the examination hearing, you may decide to garnish the wages or bank account of the debtor.

Even if you do things to enforce your judgment, you are not guaranteed to get what you’re owed.

Hide this website