3. Apply for help with your travel costs

The Ontario Human Rights Commission has released their latest take on mandatory vaccines, passports and testing, here: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/news_centre/ohrc-policy-statement-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-and-proof-vaccine-certificates. In light of this update, and the new directives that the Province released a few weeks ago, we are in the process of updating our covid testing content. Please re-visit the site to access the updated content when it is available.

To apply to the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) for help with the costs of travelling to get medical , you use the Mandatory Special Necessities Benefit Request Form.

Your ODSP worker can give you the form. It asks for all of the information that ODSP needs to decide if they’ll help pay your travel costs.

Completing the form

One of the following health professionals must complete the form:

  • a doctor
  • a nurse practitioner
  • a psychologist, but only if your treatment is related to an addiction

When they fill out the form, they say how long you need the treatment for. For example, you might need to go to monthly treatment sessions for 6 months.

You can fax, mail, or take the completed form to your local ODSP office.

If you have an emergency

You’re supposed to ask ODSP ahead of time for help to pay your travel costs.

But if you had to get treatment in an emergency, you can still ask ODSP to help pay.

Give your ODSP worker any receipts that show your costs. If you travelled by car, give your worker a note that says:

  • where you went, and
  • how many kilometres you travelled.
Hide this website