3. Report the injury

You have to report your injury.

The WSIB decides if you can get benefits.

Workers’ compensation benefits cover things like:

  • you didn’t get because of your injury
  • health care costs
  • travel costs to go to your doctor or to therapy
  • retirement income you can’t get because of your injury
  • a “work transition assessment”, which is meant to help you get work if you can’t return to a job with your employer

You might also be able to get benefits if you’re permanently disabled because of your injury.

And you might be able to get:

  • an independent living allowance if you have a severe permanent
  • money to pay for clothing that’s damaged by braces and wheelchairs

Even if you continued to work at your regular job and didn’t lose any wages, it’s important to make a claim because:

  • you might get benefits to pay for your medical expenses
  • your injury could be permanent or get worse
Hide this website