4. Talk to a lawyer

You can talk to a lawyer about your options, and what is best for you and your situation.

ARCH Disability Law Centre might be able to give legal advice if you’re experiencing abuse in a group home or from a service provider. ARCH is a legal clinic and its services are free to people with disabilities. Usually, ARCH helps people with low income or who get social assistance.

Legal Aid Ontario gives free legal advice to people with low income. They also give people of all income levels up to 20 minutes of legal advice. Call 1-800-668-8258, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Legal Aid Ontario provides services to people who have experienced . If you have experienced family violence and need immediate legal help, you might be able to get 2 hours of free advice from a lawyer. Call 1-800-668-8258, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Law Society Referral Service gives you the name of a lawyer in your area who can give you a free consultation for up to 30 minutes. You can ask for a lawyer who speaks your language, or a lawyer who accepts Legal Aid certificates. You can get the name of a lawyer by using the website. If you’re unable to use the online service on their website, you can call the crisis line at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 in Toronto. This service is available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Association of French-Speaking Jurists of Ontario (AJEFO) has a resource called the Ontario Legal Information Centre that gives you 30 minutes with a lawyer over the telephone or in person. Call 1-844-343-7462 to speak with a lawyer about any area of law in English or French. You may have to leave a message, and a lawyer will call you back.

Reach Canada helps people with disabilities who live in Ottawa. They can give you the name of a lawyer who can help you and who may give you up to 3 hours of free legal advice. Call 1-888-669-4001.

Hide this website