4. Get legal advice

If you think you have been discriminated against you should speak with a lawyer about your situation as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you figure out if your situation is and whether you should make a claim in court or at the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.

Human Rights Legal Support Centre

You can get free legal advice and information from the  Human Rights Legal Support Centre. It does not matter how much money you make.

The Centre can help you figure out:

  • if your situation could be discrimination
  • if there are things you or a lawyer can do to convince your workplace to you
  • if you can make a claim with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
  • what evidence can help you prove discrimination

You can also use the Centre’s online tool Can we help you? to see if you might be able to make a claim.

The Centre can help you to apply to the Tribunal and sometimes they can support you at the .

Legal Clinics

Community legal clinics (CLCs) provide free legal services to people with low incomes. CLCs may be able to help you if you think you have been discriminated against. To find a CLC in your area you can search by your postal code. Or, you can call Legal Aid Ontario at 1-800-668-8258 or 416-979-1446. TTY users can call 1-866-641-8867 or 416-598-8867.

There are also specialty clinics for people throughout Ontario that:

Hide this website