4. Get a case conference date

You do not have a first court date if your case is at the:

  • Superior Court of Justice
  • Family Court Branch of the Superior Court of Justice and deals with a or

If your case doesn’t have a first court date, you or your partner have to ask the at the courthouse to schedule a for your case to move forward.

The court clerk gives you a date for your case conference and signs Form 17: Conference Notice. You must this on your partner.

At a case conference, you and your partner, and your lawyers if you have them, meet with a judge to discuss and try to agree on your issues.

Hide this website