Services in Ontario - Hours of work and breaks
Ontario Ministry of Labour’s – Employment Standards Information Centre
Workers’ Action Centre
The Human Rights Legal Support Centre (HRLSC)
Contact InformationPhone 416-597-4900 Toll-free 1-866-625-5179 TTY 416-597-4903 Toll-free TTY 1-866 612-8627
The centre gives free legal information and advice to people who have experienced discrimination. They can:
- help you fill out an application to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- give legal advice about how to deal with discrimination
- provide legal representation at mediations and hearings, in some situations
They have an online tool that can help you figure out if your situation might be discrimination.
Francophone legal advice lines
LAO has 4 free regional advice lines that give legal information and advice in French over the telephone to people living in:
- Eastern Ontario
- Northern Ontario, and parts of central Ontario including:
- Parry Sound
- Muskoka and Kawartha Lakes regions
- Greater Toronto Area
- Southwestern Ontario
The advice lines do not help with family law or criminal law matters.
Pro Bono Ontario – Free legal advice hotline
Contact InformationPhone 1-855-255-7256
The hotline can give you 30 minutes of free legal help and advice over the telephone on civil law matters, which include:
- consumer issues
- Powers of Attorney
- corporate law for charities, non-profits, and small businesses
It doesn’t help with family law or criminal law problems.
The hotline generally accepts calls Monday to Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 12 noon, and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.