5. After the settlement conference

If you and the don’t agree at the , the judge will give the a memorandum. This is a document that lists the issues that you have not agreed on, the issues you have agreed on, and information dealing with scheduling a trial.

The court clerk will give you and the defendant a copy of the Endorsement Record/Order of the Court. This is a document that has any orders the judge made at the settlement conference.

The court clerk will also give you a Notice to Set Action Down for Trial form. If you want to go ahead with a trial, fill out this form at the courthouse.

Only ask for a trial date if you and the defendant are sure you can’t reach an agreement.

If you want help reaching an agreement, you can try , such as working with a mediator. The ADR Institute of Ontario has a service to help you find a mediator.

Hide this website