5. Find out about appealing

If you disagree with the member’s decision at the General Division of the (SST), your next option is to appeal to the Appeal Division.

You have to ask to appeal to the Appeal Division. This is called “seeking leave to appeal”. The SST decides whether to let the appeal go ahead.

If you’re given leave, you get to appeal to the Appeal Division. The Appeal Division can then order:

  • a new hearing at the SST’s General Division, or
  • another hearing at the Appeal Division.

Getting legal help

You’ll need legal help if you go to the Appeal Division. If you can’t afford a lawyer, a community legal clinic may be able to help you or refer you to someone who can.

Hide this website