3. Get help if you have a problem with OW

The Ontario Human Rights Commission has released their latest take on mandatory vaccines, passports and testing, here: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/news_centre/ohrc-policy-statement-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-and-proof-vaccine-certificates. In light of this update, and the new directives that the Province released a few weeks ago, we are in the process of updating our covid testing content. Please re-visit the site to access the updated content when it is available.

Get help from a community legal clinic if Ontario Works (OW):

If OW cuts off your assistance

If OW cuts off your assistance because you’ve been away more than 7 days without their approval, you can apply for assistance when you return.

Appealing a decision

If OW says you have an or cuts off your financial assistance, you may be able to appeal their decision.

Ask OW for the decision in writing right away.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the OW office that made the decision and ask for an .

After you have asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the .

The Tribunal isn’t part of OW. It has the power to make a different decision.

Finding help

You can contact a community legal clinic if you disagree with what OW decides. They may be able to help you appeal the decision.

Hide this website