3. Get help if you have a problem with ODSP

The Ontario Human Rights Commission has released their latest take on mandatory vaccines, passports and testing, here: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/news_centre/ohrc-policy-statement-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-and-proof-vaccine-certificates. In light of this update, and the new directives that the Province released a few weeks ago, we are in the process of updating our covid testing content. Please re-visit the site to access the updated content when it is available.

Get help from a community legal clinic if the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP):

  • asks for documents you can’t get
  • refuses to approve you being away from Ontario for more than 30 days
  • says that you have an overpayment because you were away more than 30 days
  • cuts off your or suspends it for a period of time

Appealing a decision

If ODSP says you have an or cuts off your income support, you may be able to appeal the decision.

Ask ODSP for the decision in writing right away.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the ODSP office that made the decision and ask for an .

After you have asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the .

The Tribunal isn’t part of ODSP. It has the power to make a different decision.

Finding help

You can contact a community legal clinic if you disagree with what ODSP decides. They may be able to help you appeal the decision.

Hide this website