3. Be prepared to fill out forms

The Ontario Human Rights Commission has released their latest take on mandatory vaccines, passports and testing, here: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/news_centre/ohrc-policy-statement-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-and-proof-vaccine-certificates. In light of this update, and the new directives that the Province released a few weeks ago, we are in the process of updating our covid testing content. Please re-visit the site to access the updated content when it is available.

At your appointment with the Ontario Works (OW) worker, you have to fill out and sign a number of forms.

Other adult family members who OW says are in your household also have to complete these forms. OW calls this your “benefit unit”.

There is information below about the forms.

Application for Assistance

This is the form that asks for information about you and your financial situation.

Participation Agreement

This lists activities that you must do to get from OW. For example, this could be looking for a job or doing volunteer work.

You and an OW worker are supposed to agree on what activities will help you to:

  • get ready for a job
  • get a job as soon as possible

Consent to Disclose and Verify Personal Information

This form lets OW check the information that you give them. For example, they can check with your bank, a credit reporting agency, or government agencies, such as the Family Responsibility Office.

But OW should only check information that that they need to prove that you qualify for assistance.

If you have concerns about information that OW wants, contact your community legal clinic.

Consent to Disclose and Verify Information (Canada Revenue Agency)

This form lets OW check the information that the (CRA) has about you.

This includes information related to your income tax returns and any federal government benefits you may get.

Rights and Responsibilities

This form describes what you must do while you are getting financial assistance from OW.

Ask the OW worker to go over this form with you before you sign it.

Other forms

There may be other forms that you have to fill out and sign, for example, the Questionnaire for Applicants and Recipients who are living with another adult.


Hide this website