1. Contact the Canada Revenue Agency

You may disagree with a decision that the (CRA) makes about:

  • whether you’re eligible to get the Canada child benefit (CCB)
  • how much CCB money you’ll get
  • how the CRA decided on the amount
  • whether you owe money because the CRA paid you too much

Sometimes, you can fix the problem by talking to the tax centre that handled your income tax return.

Make notes that include:

  • the name of the person you talked to and their job title
  • what you talked about
  • what the person said

If you can’t fix the problem by talking to the CRA, the next step might be to “file an objection”. See Step 2.


Hide this website