4. Start your application

You make your sponsorship application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). IRCC decides if:

To complete your sponsorship application, you and your spouse or partner need to:

  • fill out the required forms, and
  • include all of the documents that are on the checklist in your application package.

For more information about making an application, read the question How do I sponsor my spouse or partner to become a permanent resident if they’re living outside Canada?

Hide this website