5. Take legal action

If you and your landlord cannot resolve your mobility issues, you can submit an application to the Human Rights Tribunal or to the Landlord & Tenant Board. A lawyer will also be able to help you with your .

Landlord and Tenant Board

If the solution you want is something that the (LTB) can order, you can file an application at the LTB. For example, the you want might be for the landlord to repair something that’s already there, like a ramp or an automatic door.

The LTB has to consider the Human Rights Code when making decisions about eviction, repairs, or anything else.

Human Rights Tribunal

In most situations where you’re being discriminated against, you can file an application to the of Ontario. This includes when a landlord isn’t accommodating your .

If a landlord won’t rent to you or you can’t rent a place because the landlord won’t your disability, the Human Rights of Ontario is usually the right place to have your case considered.

In other cases, you can choose between the Human Rights Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board. The Human Rights Legal Support Centre can help you choose the best option and help you apply to the Tribunal if that’s what you decide to do.

Hide this website