Respond to any papers from your landlord

Notice to End your Tenancy

If your landlord has given you one of these forms, read it carefully to see if there is a way for you to cancel the before your landlord applies to the :

For example, if the notice is for non-payment of rent, you can cancel it by paying the rent within the time limit.

Application to the Landlord and Tenant Board

You might get a Landlord and Tenant Board form whose title starts with “Application to a tenant” or “Application to End a Tenancy”, especially Forms L1 or L2.

This means your landlord has applied to the Board to have you evicted. You will have to do at least one of the following:

COVID-19 Evictions for non-payment of rent
COVID-19 Evictions for non-payment of rent

Learn about L1 eviction hearings

If you do nothing, the Board will probably make an eviction order against you.

If you get an Application to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes (Form L9), it means your landlord is asking the Board to make you pay, but not to have you evicted. In this case, your options are similar to the list above, except you do not have to move out, and the Board cannot make an eviction against you.

Hide this website