Ask the Landlord and Tenant Board to end your tenancy

You can apply to the to end your and let you move out early, if your landlord:

  • harasses you
  • refuses to fix serious repair problems
  • enters your apartment illegally
  • changes the locks and does not give you a key
  • interferes with the heat, water, electricity, or other utilities
  • does other things that make it unpleasant to live in your apartment

It is usually best to apply to the Board before moving out. But conditions might be so bad that you have to leave right away.

Try to take photographs, make notes, or gather other evidence before you leave or before your hearing at the Board.

You can also ask the Board for other solutions to your problem. For example, the Board can lower your rent, or your landlord to do repairs if you want to keep living there.

Hide this website