5. Take legal action

If the problem does not stop or is very severe, you might need to take further action.

If the situation is urgent or you feel unsafe, you might want to call the police.

Otherwise, you can file an to the . The Board can the landlord to stop the and to pay for violating your rights.

If the situation involves , you might have the choice of applying to the Landlord and Tenant Board or to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.

The Human Rights Legal Support Centre has an online tool to help you figure out if you have the option of applying to the Human Rights Tribunal. The Support Centre can then help you choose, and help you apply to the if that is what you decide to do.

Hide this website