4. File your papers with the Board and try to stop the eviction

Once you fill out your Form S2, and your Request to Extend or Shorten Time form if needed, there are some very important steps you must take right away to try to stop the eviction:

  • take your papers to the Board and file them
  • take a copy of the Notice of Hearing to the ’s office
  • give copies of your papers to your landlord
  • prepare for the hearing
  • go to the hearing
  • decide what to do if you lose your case

If you can, get legal help to do these things. If you can’t get help, the Tenant Duty Counsel Program has a Tip Sheet that explains these steps. You should read the whole Tip Sheet and follow what it tells you to do as carefully as possible.

Hide this website