3. Complain to a government agency

If the problem continues, you can complain to the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU). The RHEU is part of the Ministry of Housing. Its job is to try to make sure landlords and tenants follow the law.

You can contact the RHEU’s call centre at these numbers:

Toll Free Phone Line: 1-888-772-9277
416 Dialling Area: 416-585-7214
Fax: 416-585-6464
Toll Free Fax Line: 1-866-321-4127

Sometimes landlords will change their behaviour when someone from the RHEU contacts them.

Hide this website