3. Call an inspector

If your landlord does not deal with the problem, you can call your local property standards or health department, or your town or city hall, municipal office, or local councillor. Many cities, towns, and other municipalities have inspectors who can order your landlord to take steps to deal with pests.

If there are no housing standards by-laws where you live, your municipality has to enforce the provincial maintenance standards.

Hide this website