1. Fill out the basic information on the Board’s application form

If your landlord will not return the money you paid, you can apply to the Board using Form T1 – Tenant application for a rebate.

Use CLEO’s Guided Pathway to complete Form T1 – Tenant Application for a Rebate of Money the Landlord Owes. This is a free online interview that helps you complete the to the .

Part 1 of the form asks for basic information about you and your landlord, and the address of the rental unit. Your landlord might be a person or a company.

Make sure you identify your landlord correctly. If you are not sure who your landlord is, you can name whoever you make your rent cheques out to.  You can also look at a copy of your agreement or any other letters or notices from your landlord.

If the Board does make an against your landlord, you might have a problem enforcing it if the name is not exactly right.

Hide this website