4. Learn what to do if you don’t agree with ODSP

The Ontario Human Rights Commission has released their latest take on mandatory vaccines, passports and testing, here: http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/news_centre/ohrc-policy-statement-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-and-proof-vaccine-certificates. In light of this update, and the new directives that the Province released a few weeks ago, we are in the process of updating our covid testing content. Please re-visit the site to access the updated content when it is available.

If ODSP decides to use “pay direct”

The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) can pay all or part of your  to someone that you owe money to. This is called “pay direct”.

If you don’t agree with this decision, you can ask for an .

But unlike some other decisions that ODSP makes, you can’t appeal a decision about “pay direct” to the .

So you may want to think about how you can prove to ODSP that you’ll start making payments on time. For example, you might need to show that you’ve stopped using drugs or alcohol if that’s why you didn’t pay your rent on time.

If ODSP pays your income support to a trustee

ODSP will ask you to agree that your payments need to go to a trustee. If you don’t agree, they can still decide to pay your assistance to a trustee.

But if you disagree, you may be able to appeal the decision.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the ODSP office that made the decision and ask for an internal review.

After you’ve asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal.

Getting help

Talk to a community legal clinic if you disagree with an ODSP decision. They may be able to help you deal with ODSP or appeal the decision.

Hide this website