4. Get a decision

After the hearing the presiding member and the other Board members meet in private to make a decision.

Usually you get a decision the day after the hearing ends.

After you get the decision, if you’re still not satisfied, you should talk to a lawyer about an appeal. This is where you ask a court to review the Board’s decision. An appeal can be very complicated. You should ask lawyer for help.

To speak with a lawyer for free advice or to get legal help with your situation, contact Justice for Children and Youth at 1-866-999-5329 or at www.jfcy.org.

Hide this website