2. Ask for a bilingual proceeding

You must ask for bilingual proceedings. Depending on the type of proceeding and the court, you can do this by:

  • filing or issuing your first document in French, for example, your Statement of Claim, Statement of Defence, Application, Answer, Plaintiff’s Claim, or Defence
  • filing a requisition form or a written statement, and serving it on all parties no later than 7 days before the first hearing, or if you’re the applicant, at the time the application is started
  • asking for a bilingual proceeding at a court appearance
Hide this website