Ask for access

If a (CAS) takes your child, speak with the CAS worker and try to arrange a time when you can visit your child. This is also called asking for .

If you can’t ask the CAS worker then, you can ask them later, or you can ask the court to allow you to visit your child.

It’s very important to stay in touch with your child and maintain your relationship. This lets your child know you think of them and want to be with them. And it shows CAS and the court that you care for your child and want to keep in contact with them.

You may only get to your child. This means that a CAS worker or another person watches when you visit with your child. Visits usually happen at a CAS office.

You can find out more on access in How do I get access to see my child after a CAS takes my child?

Hide this website