4. Get help from a lawyer in the other country

If your child was taken to a country that is not part of the Hague Convention, you should talk to your lawyer about hiring another lawyer in that country. They can start a court application in that country to have your child returned.

If you already have an order for and in Canada, you can ask the other country to make the same order. This is sometimes called a “mirror order”. Decision-making responsibility and parenting time used to be called and .

Hide this website