3. Get help from the FRO

If you and your partner cannot agree on how to deal with missed payments, you can get help from the (FRO).

The FRO can take action to enforce support. For example, the FRO can take money from the support ’s bank account, suspend their driver’s licence, or start a court case that can put them in jail.

You have a court order

If you have a , the court automatically sends the order, the Support Deduction Order Information Form, and the Support Deduction Order to the FRO.

The FRO writes to the support payor’s employer or any other place where they receive income. The FRO tells the employer to deduct from the payor’s cheque and send it to the FRO. The FRO then sends the money to partner receiving support.

You have a separation agreement

Some people make a without going to court and later need help enforcing it.

To get the FRO to enforce your separation agreement, you must:

1. Attach your most current separation agreement to a Form 26B: Affidavit for Filing Domestic Contract or Paternity Agreement.

2. Take it to the local courthouse. You can your agreement only at the Ontario Court of Justice or the Family Court branch of the Superior Court of Justice. You cannot file your agreement at other locations of the Superior Court of Justice.

3. Register it with the FRO.

You can also now file most family law forms and documents for a family court case online, including a separation agreement for the court to enforce. For more information, read the question How do I file court forms for my family law case online? If you’re not allowed to, or don’t want to file your documents online, then you have to file them in person at the courthouse.

Hide this website