3. Get a consent order

You can only get a if one of you has started a court case.

If you and your partner agree on how to deal with your family law issues, you can put what you’ve agreed on in a consent agreement or .

These are written documents that say what you are agreeing to. They can be handwritten and signed or typed and signed.

In your agreement, list the orders you agree on.

Next, you or your partner ask the court to put your agreement into a called a consent order. You do this by bringing a motion on consent.

Hide this website