2. Gather important information
Question & AnswerHow do I register my baby’s birth in Ontario?
To register your child’s birth, you need information about your child and each person who will be listed as a parent on the birth registration.
Information about your child
You need to give information about your child, including:
- the child’s date of birth
- the child’s first, middle, and last name
- the child’s weight at birth
- the birth parent’s maiden name
- the number of weeks the birth parent was pregnant
- the name of the doctor, registered midwife, or other person who helped deliver the child
- the name of the hospital or place where the child was born
If your baby was born in a hospital, you can find some of this information on the hospital release form.
Information about the parents
You also need to give information about each parent listed on the birth registration, including their:
- full name
- date of birth
- place of birth