1. Talk to your partner

You can try talking to your partner to find out why they’re not showing up for  with your child. Parenting time used to be called . You can talk to your partner on your own or with the help of a lawyer or mediator.

Explain that it’s important to your child’s development to know that they have parents who they can count on. Also tell your partner what your child goes through when they don’t show up.

Maybe there is a reason your partner isn’t showing up as planned. For example, there could be a change in their work schedule or other activity that makes it difficult for them to pick up the child at certain times. If this is the case, maybe you can agree to a different schedule that works better for the family.

Or, maybe your partner isn’t showing up to spend time with your child because they haven’t paid . Let them know that child support and parenting time are 2 different issues. They are both rights of the child. Let them know they still have parenting time even if they haven’t paid child support.

You may also want to think about speaking to someone your partner respects and trusts. This could be a family member, a friend, a colleague, or a religious advisor. Ask them to speak to your partner and explain the impact that missed visits have on your child.

If you and your partner agree to change your or , you can make a new agreement that deals with the changes to your situation.

If you agree to change a final , you can go to court and get a new order based on your agreement.

Hide this website