Try to get legal advice

The most important thing you can do if your employer suspends you without pay is get legal advice.

Even if you signed an employment contract giving your employer the right to suspend you, you might have rights.

A lawyer with experience in employment law can help by giving you advice about whether:

The Law Society Referral Service can give you the name of a lawyer or paralegal you can consult with for free, for up to 30 minutes.

JusticeNet is a program for Canadians with low or moderate incomes. It connects people with lawyers and paralegals who charge lower legal fees based on your income.

There are community legal clinics across Ontario that provide free legal services to people with low incomes. Some clinics help people with work-related problems. And if a clinic can’t help you, they may be able to refer you to someone in your community who can.

Hide this website