Talk to your representative

If you have specific questions about safety problems in your workplace, you can talk to your health and safety representative or a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee.

If you want to make a complaint, you should make some notes before you meet with them.

Your notes should include details about the problem and list any documents that have information about the problem.

In your notes, try to include answers to the following questions:

  • What happened?
  • When did you notice the problem?
  • What equipment is involved?
  • Who is involved?
  • Have you taken any steps to fix the problem?
  • If you asked your employer about it, what did they say?
  • Why do you think the problem is a danger?
  • What might happen if the problem isn’t fixed?

If you have a or trade association, speak to them first. They’ll have someone who can help with your safety problem.

Hide this website