5. Get legal help

It’s important to decide where you want to make your complaint. Not every court or tribunal can handle every problem.

Your options

If you want to make only a human rights complaint, you must go to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.

If you have a problem with your landlord, you can apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board or the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. But you cannot make a claim in both places.

If you want to claim only , you can sue your employer in court or go to the Ministry of Labour.

If you want to claim constructive dismissal and make a human rights claim, you have to go to court.

There are pros and cons to each option and their deadlines may be different. A lawyer can help you decide what the best option is for you.

Places you can go for legal help include:

Hide this website