2. Talk to your union representative

In a unionized workplace, members elect another member to be their union representative. Some people call this a “union steward” or “shop steward”.

The union representative tries to make sure that the employer follows the . They also do things like:

  • share information from the union office, for example, about education programs for union members
  • call meetings of union members to talk about union business, for example, to discuss what to ask for in
  • help workers who have a problem with the employer

Your union representative should give you a copy of the collective agreement and help you understand your rights as a union member.

Hide this website