1. Review the Form 7 and any other reports

Your employer must report your injury to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) if:

  • you miss time from work because of your injury
  • you get less than regular pay for doing your regular work, for example, you have to do part-time work
  • you have to do for more than 7 days
  • you have to do modified work for less than what you’re usually paid
  • you need medical care, which is more than

Check the Form 7

Your employer must give you a copy of the Employer’s Report of Injury/Disease (Form 7) when they file it with the WSIB.

If your employer does not give you a copy, you can get one from the WSIB. And if you have a , they might be able to help you get a copy from your employer

Review the Form 7 to make sure that your employer has:

  • described the accident and your injuries correctly
  • included all the parts of your body that were injured
  • reported all of your , including all of your overtime earnings, correctly

Check any other reports by your employer

Your employer may look into what happened and write a report about it. This is sometimes called an “Investigation Report”. Your employer’s Human Resources department should have a copy of the Investigation Report. 

Ask to see the report and review it to make sure that it’s accurate.

If it isn’t, email or write to human resources or your employer’s Health and Safety Officer and give your version of what happened. Describe what is not correct in the report.  

Hide this website