1. Talk to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee

Only a Licensed Insolvency Trustees can help you file for . A trustee can explain the guidelines and rules for surplus income.

Your first meeting with a trustee is usually free. But if you decide to file for bankruptcy, you will have to pay for their services or sell your to cover their fees.

If you are filing for bankruptcy, a trustee can help you understand:

  • what rules you need to follow
  • how to calculate your income
  • if you will have to make a surplus income payment

You can find a through the Government of Canada’s website or the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals.

Hide this website