Ask the repair shop to pay for repairs done elsewhere

In some cases it may not be possible to take your car back to the shop that did the repair. For example, this can happen if:

  • the car breaks down while you are driving in another city
  • the car becomes unsafe to drive
  • you have moved away

If this happens while the repairs are still under , you can get your car repaired at the closest repair shop. Keep copies of the receipts for towing and the new repairs.

Send the original repair shop a letter by registered mail with the details of what happened. Include the price you paid for the repair and towing.

The original shop should give back the money you paid them plus any reasonable towing charges you had to pay. If they don’t, you can complain to the Ministry.

Hide this website