4. Go to court
Question & AnswerHow do I get discharged from my bankruptcy?
If you do not get an , you will need to go to court. The court will decide what you must do to be discharged from your .
You might have to go to bankruptcy court if you:
- did not give monthly financial statements to your trustee
- have not made all of your
- owe income taxes over $200,000
- have been bankrupt before
- owe your creditors a very large amount of money
In bankruptcy court, a judge can:
- tell you how long you must stay bankrupt
- set conditions you have to meet before your bankruptcy is discharged
- grant you a , or refuse your discharge