4. Try to get your fingerprints and photos erased

If you entered into a that has expired, ask the police to destroy your police photo and any fingerprint records. Most peace bonds last for 1 year.

Having fingerprint records and a police photo on file can affect your life. It’s important that you ask if these records can be destroyed.

You must ask the local police agency where you were charged. They only consider your request to have your fingerprint records and photos destroyed if:

  • you don’t have any criminal convictions
  • you don’t have any outstanding charges
  • you were 18 years or older on the date of your

The police will not destroy your records until after the peace bond expires. If the court decides to stay your charges, you must wait a year before you can apply to have your records destroyed.

Hide this website