2. Talk to a lawyer

Talk to a lawyer before you ask to have your conditions changed. Duty counsel do not usually help with variations or applications.

Consent variation

The first thing you should do is ask the Crown if they will change your conditions. This is called a consent variation. A lawyer can help convince the Crown to agree to a consent variation.

Bail review

If the Crown doesn’t agree to the variation, you can try to have the condition changed through a review. A lawyer can help you:

  • complete the application for a bail review
  • ask a judge in the to order that your bail conditions be changed
Hide this website