2. Fill out the complaint form

If your complaint isn’t suitable for Local Resolution, or you wish to make a formal complaint, you must file your complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD)

To do this, complete the online complaint form or a paper copy of the form. You can get a paper copy of the form from the website or by sending an email to OIPRDcomplaints@ontario.ca.

Include as much information as possible. The complaint form must include:

  • Who? Give the name of the police service and officers involved.
  • Where? Give the address and describe the location.
  • When? Give the date and time of the incident.
  • What? Describe what happened.
Hide this website