1. Reschedule your court date

If you can’t be in court on your scheduled court date, contact the duty counsel office well in advance of your court date. They may be able to help reschedule your appearance for an earlier date. This is known as “bringing your matter forward”.

Ask how you can change the date. Each courthouse has its own rules and procedures. That’s why it’s important to ask.

Changing your court date usually involves filling out a form at the courthouse. You can get the form from the clerk’s counter.

You will need to go to the Crown’s office and get permission to reschedule the court date. Once the Crown signs the form, it needs to be filed at the clerk’s counter.

This must be arranged well before your scheduled court date. You can only reschedule for an earlier date. You can’t reschedule to a date that is later than your originally scheduled date.

Hide this website