3. Serve and file your documents

You must give CAS and any other a copy of your documents. This is called serving your documents.

Rule 6: Service of documents tells you how to serve your documents.  The government has a guide on how to serve documents.

Whenever CAS or you documents, the person serving the documents must fill out Form 6B: Affidavit of Service for each party they served. In it, they say when, where, and how they served each party. The form proves that the party got a copy of your documents. 

You need to go back to court once you’ve served CAS so that you can your documents, including your Form 6B: Affidavit of Service. You do this at the court counter

The court staff can tell you where in the court you have to file your documents.  

Your documents go in your court file so the judge can read them before your conference.

Hide this website