How do I complain to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services?

You can complain to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services if any of the following kinds companies have not followed the rules:

The Ministry will look into your complaint and decide if it should investigate. If the Ministry thinks that the company broke the law, it might try to get them to agree to a solution. Or, it might bring charges against them.

If the Ministry is not able to help you, you might want to sue the company in small claims court.

Energy contracts

Energy retailers are companies that offer contracts for electricity or natural gas. Door-to-door energy retailers must follow different rules.

For information about these rules and what you can do if you have problems with energy retailers, visit the Ontario Energy Board website or call 1-877-632-2727.

Hide this website