Guided Pathway for completing net family property forms: Form 13B or 13C

CLEO’s Family Law Guided Pathways help you fill out the court forms you need for your family law matter.

The pathway asks you questions, gives you information to help answer them, and puts your answers into the required forms. It’s free to use.

You can use this pathway to fill out a Form 13B: Net Family Property Statement, for property issues. This form helps to calculate the equalization payment one spouse owes to the other.

You can also use this pathway to fill out:

The Form 13C compares your opinion on the value of each of your assets and debts against your spouse’s opinion.

The pathway lets you fill out one form at a time. If you need to fill out both forms, you have to go through the pathway twice.

Fill out Form 13B or 13C

Who is this guided pathway for?

This pathway is for couples who are getting separated or divorced and need help calculating the equalization of net family property.

You can use this pathway if:

You might also want to talk to a lawyer for help figuring out the equalization amount.

If you’ve not completed a Form 13.1, you may need to use another pathway.

And if you’re not sure whether to use this pathway, talk to a lawyer.

What you need to get started

You should have a copy of your Form 13.1: Financial Statement (Property and Support Claims) and a copy of the Form 13.1 prepared by your spouse.

This is because both the Form 13B and 13C ask for information about assets and debts for both of you.

Filling out the Form 13B

When completing the Form 13B, include all of the information as it appears on your Form 13.1: Financial Statement (Property and Support Claims).

When completing the information about your spouse’s assets and debts, use their Form 13.1 as a guide, if they’ve given you a copy. You may or may not agree with the values they listed on their Form 13.1.

If your spouse did not give you a copy of their Form 13.1, you can enter what you believe to be the value of their assets and debts on the date you got married and the date you separated.

Filling out the Form 13C

If you’re filling out the Form 13C, you should have a copy of the Form 13B that you gave to the court and a copy of your spouse’s Form 13B. If you don’t have a Form 13B, you can refer to the Form 13.1 instead.

Using this pathway

It can take less than one hour or 4 hours or more to complete the pathway depending on your situation.

It can take less time if you have all of your documents ready when you start. The pathway is divided into steps. At the beginning of each step, there’s a list of the information that you need to continue.

You can sign up to create an account or enter your information as a guest. As a guest, you must finish within 4 hours or the system will time out. You must create an account if you want to save your work and come back to it later.

All of the information that you enter into the pathway is confidential. CLEO will not give your personal information to anyone unless you ask us to do this. Read more in the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Fill out Form 13B or 13C

If you need help

If you need help using this pathway or have any questions, contact

The Family Law Guided Pathways do not give you legal advice. For advice about your situation, talk to a lawyer.

Hide this website