subsidized housing

Housing where part of the rent is paid by a government agency or a non-profit organization. The part that the tenant doesn’t have to pay is called a subsidy. To get a subsidy, the tenant usually must have a household income below a certain level. It is sometimes called rent-geared-to-income, or RGI, housing because the amount of rent the tenant has to pay depends on their income.

Hide this website